Rwanda Convention Bureau (RCB) is a strategic business unit of Rwanda Development Board’s Tourism and Conservation Department.
Established in 2014 RCB promotes Rwanda as a premier destination and as your one-stop solution for assistance, information and neutral advice on hosting and organising MICE / business events. Whether an international convention, association meeting, conference, incentive trip or exhibition the RCB is here to assist you with every step of planning for your event.
Rwanda Convention Bureau is proud to be Africa’s latest International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) Member.
Rwanda has the proven capability and the necessary infrastructure to successfully host major international MICE events.
RCB represents the best interests of Rwanda’s MICE industry stakeholders and offers free impartial advice, guidance and support to international event planners and buyers, incentive, association and convention organisers through every stage of planning.
We invite you to take advantage of RCB’s depth of local knowledge in putting you in touch with the right venues, hotels, professional conference organisers, tour operators and all the support services necessary. We can assist with:
- Event bid preparation and presentation
- Engaging with Government and Private Sector specialists in supporting the event
- Sourcing of suitable venues, accommodation and operators
- Hosting and co-ordination of site inspection visits
- Advice on marketing and sponsorship
- Delegate boosting support
- Advice on event budgets and particularly on the social component of the event
- Pre and post tours and incentive group travel
- Provision of promotional material including guides, destination video and other collaterals
The following topics, amongst others, are highly relevant to hosting meetings in Rwanda, and have been the basis for attracting international conferences and meetings in recent years:
- Conservation, biodiversity and sustainability
- Unity, justice and reconciliation
- Women rights and gender issues
- Urban management
- Health and HIV
- Poverty reduction
- Good governance
- Development of biogenic medicine
- East African market economy
- Security issues
Rwanda’s path to success is attributable to its good governance, anti-corruption policies, fairness, gender equality and sustainability programmes.